We have trouble-shooted and fixed the one way audio issue in citrix and I would like to share the solution with you so that you guys will also aware of this and in future fix this accordingly.
Case Study: One of the User reported that he was facing an audio issue while using VoIP base soft phone in his citrix hvd as he can hear other person’s voice clearly but the other party cant hear him. During testing we observed the same as they can hear us clearly but we didn’t. So in order to fix this issue we have made some changes in the Citrix Studio policy and after that both of us can hear each other without any issue.
- Open Citrix Studio and Goto > Policies
- At the right side pane click on Create Policy
- Type Audio in search bar > Audio Quality > Select to edit the policy
- In Audio quality option Click and expand Value > Medium – optimized for speech and click OK
- You will see policy is added
- Logoff from hvd and log back in and this will fix one way audio issue.