1. Download the Registry file attached to this KB
and extract it on your desktop.
2. Run that file as a local admin on your windows
Server 2016. It won’t let you to extract the registry if you not a local
admin/Domain admin of the machine in which you are trying to extract this
registry. If prompted, click on Run, Yes to the (UAC), yes, and
OK to any warnings to approve the merge.
3. After extracting the registry. Next step would
be enabling of Photo Viewer in Window Server 2016.
4. By default window Photo Viewer is disabled
within Windows Server 2016 and we will have to enable to through the following
steps mentioned below:
5. Click on start button
then type in Default Programs and select it.
6. The next windows will open default
programs’ in Control Panel, then click on set your default programs
7. On the left pane under programs scroll down to
select Windows photo viewer, then click on Set this program as default.
8. Delete the downloaded .reg file from the extracted